Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

MASON-INTEREST-L Home

MASON-INTEREST-L  March 2017

MASON-INTEREST-L March 2017

Re: Chart Output slows down simulation !?

Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 4 Mar 2017 10:33:09 +0100

text/plain

Every iteration, or every time new data is added, the chart is redrawn. A chart with 10,000 data points will draw 10,000 times more slowly than a chart with 1 data point. That's why you're seeing charts start off with a bang and then slow down rapidly. It's not a MASON issue, it's how JFreeChart works.

However MASON has a way to fix this: it will *cull* data when the samples get too large, thus keeping the total samples to some maximum number, say, 1000. It sounds like you have turned off this option [because it's on by default].

If you pop up a time series chart, the option is under Chart Properties. It's "Cull Data" and "... Over"

Sean