LISTSERV Archives

EC-DIGEST-L Home

EC-DIGEST-L  January 2017

EC-DIGEST-L January 2017

EC-Digest v31n1

Eric 'Siggy' Scott <[log in to unmask]>

Evolutionary Computation Digest <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Jan 2017 17:36:04 -0600

text/plain

Evolutionary Computation Digest — Tuesday, 03 January 2017, Volume 31: Issue 1

SUBMISSION ADDRESS:    [log in to unmask]
NEW LIST ARCHIVE:      http://listserv.gmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=EC-DIGEST-L

(UN)SUBSCRIPTION INSTRUCTIONS:  at the bottom of this email

Today's Topics:

 Announcements
 ---
 - 31 January: Assistant Professorship (non-tenure) on Computational
Intelligence in Mainz, Germany
 - SIGEVO Summer School at GECCO 2017

 CFPs (with submission deadline)
 ----
 - 16 January: List of CEC Special Sessions
 - 16 January: CEC Special Session on Medical and Healthcare
Applications of Evolutionary Computation
 - 16 January: CEC Special Session on Artificial Immune Systems
 - 16 January: CEC Special Session on Massively Parallel and
Distributed Evolutionary Computation
 - 23 January: MIC Special Session on "Smart Cities"
 - 31 January: IEEE Workshop on Parallel/Distributed Computing and
Optimization (PDCO 2017)
 - 31 January: International Conference on Natural Computing, Fuzzy
Systems, and Knowledge Discovery
 - 26 February: Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence
 - 01 March: International Conference on Smart Cities
 - 15 March: International Workshop on Combinatorial Algorithms
 - 15 March: GECCO Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Evolutionary
Inspired Methods
 - 15 March: GECCO SecDef Workshop
 - TBD: GECCO Workshop on Evolutionary Computation in Computational Biology
 - 27 March: GECCO Student Workshop

CALENDAR OF EC-RELATED ACTIVITIES:

12–15 January, 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark: The 14th ACM/SIGEVO Workshop
on Foundations of Genetic Algorithms (FOGA XIV)

19–21 April, 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Evostar 2017

5–8 June, 2017, San Sebastian, Spain: IEEE Conference on Evolutionary
Computation (CEC 2017)

15-19 July, 2017, Berlin, Germany: Genetic and Evolutionary
Computation Conference (GECCO 2017)

Sender:  Franz Rothlauf <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Assistant Professorship (non-tenure) on Computational
Intelligence in Mainz, Germany

I am happy to announce an open

Junior Professor position (non-tenure track; equivalent to an
Assistant Professor)

at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz (Germany) on
Computational Intelligence. We are searching for an excellent young
scientist in the field of computational intelligence. Possible fields
of research are evolutionary algorithms, genetic programming, or
artificial neural networks. Applications from non-German speaking
researchers are welcome.

Deadline for application is January, 31 2017.

Mainz is a beautiful mid-sized German city (approx. 200,000
inhabitants) surrounded by vineyards (Rheinhessen and Rheingau) and
located between Heidelberg and Loreley. As Frankfurt International
airport is only 15 minutes away, there are many reasonable-priced
flights to almost all places in the world.

The terms of employment are in accordance with the State law of
Rhineland-Palatine (§ 54, 55 of the Hochschulgesetz Rheinland-Pfalz).
The gross yearly salary for an employee on a full time basis,
depending on relevant work experience, starts at 50,864 €. The
appointment will be for a maximum period of six years.

The full job offer can be found at
http://wi.bwl.uni-mainz.de/publikationen/2016-vacancy-computational-intelligence.pdf
or http://www.verwaltung.personal.uni-mainz.de/Dateien/4016-03-W1-st.pdf
(in German)

For more information about the vacancy, please contact Franz Rothlauf
at [log in to unmask]

--

Dr. Franz Rothlauf
Professor of Information Systems

Sender:  Javier Ferrer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [GECCO CFP] [GECCO 2017] SIGEVO SUMMER SCHOOL

***       S I G E V O     S U M M E R     S C H O O L
***
***                   For GECCO students!
***        We have grants to ease your participation!
.......... Held along with ACM GECCO 2017 Conference ..........

     July 14-20-21 (plus activities in July 15-19) BERLIN

>>> Only 30 positions are available for students: tell us on your participation during the registration process of GECCO 2017 <<<

*** Call for Participation***

SIGEVO is a special interest group of ACM always looking for new ways
to improve the research and learning on genetic and evolutionary
computation.

In this quest for disseminating the knowledge and making activities in
this domain we will organize, for the first time, a Summer School
around GECCO 2017 in Berlin: S3 (Sigevo Summer School).

We seek for PhD students to participate in this great event, offering:

1. One day before GECCO (July 14th), with lectures and interactions to
world class researchers in this domain.
2. Two days after GECCO (July 20th and 21st) of discussions,
presentations, and joint works.
3. Oriented interactions and learning in tutorials and sessions of GECCO.
4. Great networking opportunities and up to 6 awards to recognize
outstanding performance.

The many appealing activities during S3 will include:

- A first day (get together) where students will meet each other, form
groups, and listen to short lessons. An assignment will be done to
students and links for a close interaction to mentors will be created
for the whole school and conference duration.

- Questions, competitions and awards (economic plus diploma prizes)
will be offered to the students who perform the best, granted at the
end of the summer school. We have up to 6 awards in different
categories: come and participate!

- Opportunities to attend a big number of high quality GECCO tutorials
plus continuous interaction to the summer school staff and mentors,
what will raise the abilities and vision of students: don't miss this.

- The first day after GECCO, students will discuss with mentors, so as
to finish their assignments. Also, the staff in S3 will evaluate
during this day the solution to the questions made the first day and
offer, on the very last day, the results and winners.

- The last day of the summer school (two days after GECCO) students
will present their assignments to the whole board of mentors. Enjoy
this boosting to your knowledge, your PhD thesis, and your networking
to this community!

STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Attend *ALL* the 1+2 days of S3, plus attending some tutorials and
sessions of GECCO 2017.

- Have a valid registration to GECCO itself, plus a small fee of 100
euros to participate in the school.

- Fulfill an assignment, participate in the school challenges, and
follow the standards of proper social and research behavior.

Students of the S3 will be eligible for travel, register and lodging
grants of GECCO.

See the special section on S3 that will appear soon in the web page of
GECCO: http://gecco-2017.sigevo.org/index.html/Summer+School

Any comments or questions on the school organization, please contact
Prof. Enrique Alba ([log in to unmask]).

Sender:  Roberto Santana <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  IEEE CEC-2017, San Sebastian CFP. List of special sessions
completed and submission deadline approaching.

We are pleased to announce that the 2017 IEEE Conference on
Evolutionary Computation (www.cec2017.org) will be held in San
Sebastian, Spain, in June 5-8, 2017.

CEC 2017 covers all topics in the field of Evolutionary Computation
including the following non-exhaustive list:

The complete list of special sessions is complete:
http://www.cec2017.org/#special_session_sessions

Important Dates:

Deadline for the submission of tutorials and competitions proposals:
January  9, 2017

Paper submission deadline:
January 16, 2017

Paper Decision notification:
February 26, 2017

Sender:  Ivano De Falco <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Second Call for Papers: CEC 2017 Special Session on Medical
and HealthCare Applications of Evolutionary Computation

CALL FOR PAPERS

Medical and HealthCare Applications of Evolutionary Computation

CEC 2017 Special Session
Donostia - San Sebastian, Spain
June 5-8, 2017

www.mhaec.icar.cnr.it

SCOPE

The Special Session aims to bring together international experts in
evolutionary computation for the exchange of ideas across disciplines
encouraging multidisciplinary research collaborations and the
development of new concepts in the important and growing domain of
Medical and HealthCare ICT, thus creating a forum of excellence on the
use of evolutionary inspired methods to face medical and healthcare
problems.

More detailed information, together with a more comprehensive list of
application domains, is available at www.mhaec.icar.cnr.it and
www.cec2017.org.

IMPORTANT DATES
Submission deadline: January 16, 2017
Notification of acceptance: February 26, 2017
Deadline for final submission: March 12, 2017
Conference dates: June 5-8, 2017

Sender:  Mario Pavone <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: AIS: Algorithms, Simulation, Modelling & Theory - SS @ IEEE CEC 2017

CALL FOR PAPERS

Artificial Immune Systems: Algorithms, Simulation, Modelling & Theory
IEEE CEC 2017 Special Session
June 20-23, 2017, Donostia - San Sebastián, Spain
http://ieee-cis-ais.org/ais-cec2017/

*** SUBMISSION deadline: January 16, 2017

The scope of this research area ranges from modelling to simulation of
the immune system, to the development of novel engineering solutions
to complex problems, and bridges several disciplines to provide new
insights into immunology, computer science, mathematics and
engineering.

This special session aims to focus on the recent advances on
Artificial Immune Systems (AIS) field, also offering new conceptual
models for understanding the dynamics that underlie the immune system.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
-   Computational & Mathematical modelling of the Immune System;
-   Theoretical aspects of immune inspired algorithms;
-   Novel algorithms and new immune operators;
-   Benchmarking immune inspired algorithms against other techniques;
-   Empirical and Theoretical investigations into performance and
complexity of immune inspired algorithms;
-   Hybridisation of immune inspired algorithms with other techniques;
-   Systems & Synthetic Immunology.

Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished papers on any
topics related to AIS.

* IMPORTANT DATES:
paper submission:                     January 16, 2017
notification of acceptance:     February 26, 2017
final paper submission:            March 12, 2017
Conference dates:                      June 5-8, 2017

Sender:  Jamal Toutouh <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [MIC 2017] CFP: Special Session on “Smart Cities” - MIC 2017
(Barcelona)

*                   Special Session on “Smart Cities”
*          Metaheuristic International Conference (MIC 2017)
*                  Barcelona, Spain, July 4th-7th 2015
*
*                http://mic2017.upf.edu/special-sessions/

This special session provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and
results among researchers, developers, and practitioners working on
the application of heuristic and metaheuristic methods to address
problems related to smart cities.

As a key point to distinguish old applications and the new smart city
environment, potential authors are requested to attack several edges
of a problem (holistic vision, e.g. routes and pollution), use real
data, deal with the actual city problem (not with a very abstract
model of it) and consider business plans, users or real restrictions.

The goal of this special session is to present high-quality research
papers that contain novel contributions addressing both practical
applications and theoretical issues, including smart governance, smart
energy, smart building, smart mobility, smart infrastructure,
technology, smart healthcare, and smart citizens.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) metaheuristics in:

·         Energy, water, waste and green power management
·         Environmental, social and economic sustainability
·         Smart mobility, ITS, electric vehicles, fleet of vehicles
·         Open data and big data
·         City planning and operations
·         Modeling human demands
·         Healthcare management in cities, social inclusion, education
·         Sustainable urban grow, planning, and economic development
·         Social (crowding), living labs, cloud applications for cities
·         Safety and emergency systems
·         Web services, mobile apps, urban platforms
·         Internet of things, cyber-physical systems, holistic integration

*   Submission deadline: January 23, 2017
*   Notification of acceptance: February 27, 2017
*   Camera-ready papers: March 6, 2017
*   Early registration due date: March 31, 2017

*   Conference: July 4-7 2017

Sender:  Julien Lepagnot <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CFP - IEEE CEC 2017 Special Session on Massively Parallel and
Distributed Evolutionary Computation

CALL FOR PAPERS

Massively Parallel and Distributed Evolutionary Computation
IEEE CEC 2017 Special Session
June 20-23, 2017, Donostia - San Sebastián, Spain
https://sites.google.com/site/bilelderbelpro/home/mpdec-cec2017

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 16, 2017

TOPICS OF INTEREST:
This special session aims at fostering the cross-fertilization of
knowledge between evolutionary algorithms, or metaheuristics in
general, and parallel, distributed and concurrent computing, in order
to address increasingly complex and large scale optimization problems.
Working in two domains of research can be hard, but the
cross-fertilization might be fruitful. Knowledge about parallel
computing helps in creating parallel algorithms for clouds, multi-core
or GPU architectures. However, this also implies the need for a
careful definition of proper benchmarks, software tools, and metrics
to measure the behavior of algorithms in a meaningful way. In
concrete, a conceptual separation between physical parallelism and
decentralized algorithms (whether implemented in parallel or not) is
needed to better analyze the resulting algorithms.

This special session is expected to collect contributions, from the
theory through the implementation, to the application of techniques
born from the crossover with metaheuristics of the traditional
research fields in parallel computing. Articles are solicited, that
describe significant and methodologically well-founded contributions
to problem solving, aimed at maximizing both efficiency and accuracy.

Sender:  "Grégoire DANOY" <[log in to unmask]>, Bernabe Dorronsoro
Subject: CFP: Extended deadline - IEEE Workshop on Parallel /
Distributed Computing and Optimization (PDCO 2017) in conjunction with
IEEE IPDPS 2017

The 7th IEEE Workshop on Parallel / Distributed
Computing and Optimization (PDCO 2017)

https://pdco2017.sciencesconf.org

held in conjunction with
The 31st IEEE International
Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS'2017)
May 29-June 2, 2017

Orlando, Florida, USA
http://www.ipdps.org

Final Submission Deadline: January 31, 2017

PDCO 2017, Orlando USA, is the result of the merge of the Parallel
Computing and Optimization (PCO) and the
Nature Inspired Distributed Computing (NIDISC) workshops that have
been held in conjunction with the IEEE
International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium for the past years.

Scope:
======
The IEEE Workshop on Parallel / Distributed Computing and Optimization
aims at providing a forum for scientific researchers  and engineers on
recent advances in the field of parallel or distributed computing for
difficult optimization problems, ranging from theoretical to applied
problems. The latter include 0-1 multidimensional knapsack problems
and cutting stock problems, large scale linear programming problems,
nonlinear optimization problems and global optimization problems.

Emphasis will be placed on new techniques for solving these difficult
problems, like cooperative methods for integer programming problems,
nature-inspired techniques and hybrid methods. Aspects related to
Combinatorial Scientific Computing (CSC) will also be treated. We also
solicit submissions of original manuscripts on sparse matrix
computations and related topics (including graph algorithms); and
related methods and tools for their efficiency on different parallel
systems. The use of new approaches in parallel and distributed
computing like GPU, MIC, cloud computing, volunteer computing will be
considered. Applications combining traditional parallel and
distributed computing and optimization techniques as well as
theoretical issues (convergence, complexity, etc.) are welcome.
Application domains of interest include (but are not limited to) cloud
computing, planning, logistics, manufacturing, finance,
telecommunications and computational biology.

Important Dates:
================
- Final Submission Deadline: January 31, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: February 28, 2017
- Camera ready: March 15, 2017
- Workshop: May 29, 2017

Sender:  Prof Zhang <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ICNC-FSKD 2017 Submissions due 31 January: Submitting to IEEE
Xplore/EI Compendex/ISI 2016/12/25 15:41:42 5mh

Dear Colleague,

We cordially invite you to submit a paper to the upcoming 2017 13th
International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and
Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD 2017), to be held from 29-31 July 2017
in Guilin, China.

ICNC-FSKD is a premier international forum for scientists and
researchers to present the state of the art of data mining and
intelligent methods inspired from nature, particularly biological,
linguistic, and physical systems, with applications to computers,
circuits, systems, control, robotics, communications, and more. This
is an exciting and emerging interdisciplinary area in which a wide
range of theory and methodologies are being investigated and developed
to tackle complex and challenging problems. The registration fee of
US-D460 includes proceedings, lunches, dinners, banquet, coffee
breaks, and all technical sessions.

For more information, visit the conference web page:

   http://cloud.guet.edu.cn/icnc_fskd/

Sender: Xiaodong Li <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CfP: 30th Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial
Intelligence (AI’17)

30th Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI’17)

Conference dates/location: 19 - 20 August 2017, Melbourne, Australia

Conference website: http://ai2017.org/

PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 26 February 2017

===== Scope =====

The Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence is an
annual conference that has dedicated to fostering research
communication and collaboration among Australasian AI community since
its inception. The 30th Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial
Intelligence (AI’17) will be co-hosted by RMIT University and La Trobe
University, from 19 to 20 August 2017, and co-located with the
prestigious International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence
(IJCAI'2017) in Melbourne, Australia. The AI’17 Program Committee
invites prospective authors to submit original and previously
unpublished research and application papers in all spectrums of
Artificial Intelligence.

===== Further Information =====

Conference website with further details: http://ai2017.org/

===== Important Dates =====

Paper submission deadline: February 26, 2017
Decision notification: April 30, 2017
Camera-ready submission: May 14, 2017
Conference: August 19-20, 2017

Sender: Javier Ferrer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Smart-CT 2017 - Call For Papers - Málaga, Spain

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON S M A R T   C I T I E S   2 0 1 7
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Int. Research Conference, June 14-16th 2017
Málaga (Spain)

http://smart-ct2017.lcc.uma.es

Call for Papers and Participation

AIMS AND SCOPE
There exists then a new domain of work, either for research,
development, and innovation, consisting in addressing the very complex
problems that appear in our cities. The "Smart City" term has recently
born as a worldwide joint effort aiming at achieving a holistic
(integral, coordinated, global) management of resources that hopefully
will satisfy three main players: citizens, city managers, and the
companies deemed to actually implement the solutions.

This conference welcomes researchers and scientists in particular,
because one of the main challenges to address is a higher implication
from Universities and research organizations in this domain, so as to
give coherence, organization and add a knowledge layer to the present
situation of smart cities.

There is a clear goal here in presenting new results, either coming
from research, development and innovation, to create an international
pole of attraction for people (and knowledge) who will enhance their
scientific and practical know-how on the many different niches of work
in smart cities.

IMPORTANT DATES

Authors of scientific papers should send their contributions to
EASYCHAIR, according to the following dates:

- Article submissions deadline: March 1st 2017
- Notification of acceptance:     March 21st 2017
- Final version of articles:          April 6th 2017
- Conference celebration:          June 14th-16th 2017

All information on this conference is available and continuously
updated at http://smart-ct2017.lcc.uma.es/

Sender: Nasimul Noman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CFP: 28th International Workshop on Combinatorial Algorithms
(IWOCA 2017), 17 – 21 July 2017, Newcastle, Australia, Paper
Submission Deadline

IWOCA 2017

28th International Workshop on Combinatorial Algorithms
17 – 21 July 2017, Newcastle, Australia

https://carma.newcastle.edu.au/meetings/iwoca/

The series of IWOCA conferences grew out of over 25 years history of
the International (since 2007) respectively Australasian (until 2006)
Workshops on Combinatorial Algorithms. Previous IWOCA and AWOCA
meetings have been held in Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Finland,
France, Indonesia, India, Italy, Japan, South Korea, UK, and the US.

Topics include but are not limited to:
• Algorithms and Data Structures
• Complexity Theory
• Graph Theory & Combinatorics
• Combinatorial Optimization
• Cryptography & Information Security
• Algorithms on Strings & Graphs
• Graph Drawing & Labelling
• Computational Algebra & Geometry
• Computational Biology
• Probabilistic & Randomised Algorithms
• Algorithms for Big Data Analytics
• New Paradigms of Computation

Important dates:

1.      Abstract due         7th March 2017
2.      Paper due              15th March 2017
3.      Notification           15th April 2017
4.      Camera ready        30th April 2017
5.      IWOCA    17th  – 21st  July 2017

Open Problem Session

In IWOCA tradition, we will hold an open problems session at
IWOCA2017.  If you have an open problem that would like to share with
other conference participants or wider IWOCA community, please email
to the open problems chair Gabriele Fici ([log in to unmask]).

Conference Website:

https://carma.newcastle.edu.au/meetings/iwoca/

Sender: Antonio Della Cioppa <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CfP: ACM Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Evolutionary
Inspired Methods @GECCO 2017

ACM Workshop on
Parallel and Distributed Evolutionary Inspired Methods

to be held as part of the

2017 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO 2017)
Berlin, Germany
July 15-19, 2017

We are pleased to invite you to submit a paper to the ACM Workshop on
Parallel and Distributed Evolutionary Inspired Methods

SCOPE AND TOPICS OF INTEREST

The workshop aims at creating a forum of excellence on the use of
parallel models of
evolutionary computation methods. This can be achieved by bringing
together for an
exchange of ideas researchers from a variety of different areas,
ranging from computer
scientists and engineers on the one hand to application-devoted researchers like
biologists, chemists, physicians on the other hand.

Since we are going to increasingly observe a trend towards
parallelization of evolutionary
models in the next years, not only will a Workshop on this topic be of
immediate relevance,
it will also provide a platform for encouraging such implementations.

Researchers putting emphasis on parallel issues in their work with
evolutionary systems,
are encouraged to submit their work. This event is the ideal place for
informal contact,
exchange of ideas and discussions with fellow researchers.

More detailed information, together with a more comprehensive list of
application
domains, is available at:
pdeim.icar.cnr.it
and
http://gecco-2017.sigevo.org/index.html/Workshops.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline:
March 15, 2017

Notification of acceptance:
April 15, 2017

Sender:  Gunes Kayacik <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Call for Papers - ACM Workshop SecDef 2017

Call for Papers - ACM Workshop SecDef 2017

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce the fourth ACM Workshop on Genetic and
Evolutionary Computation in Defense, Security, and Risk Management
(SecDef’2017) will be held in conjunction with the ACM Genetic and
Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) in Berlin, Germany, July
15-19, 2017.

We invite completed or ongoing work, with the aim to encourage
communication between active researchers and practitioners to better
understand the current scope of efforts within genetic and
evolutionary computation on defense, security and risk. The ultimate
goal is to understand, discuss, and help set future directions for our
community. Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into or are
related to one or multiple topic areas listed below:

The submission deadline is March 15, 2017. A detailed description of
the workshop and submission instructions may be found at:
https://projects.cs.dal.ca/projectx/secdef2017/callforpapers.html

Sender:  José Santos Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [GECCO CFP] GECCO 2017 Workshop “Evolutionary Computation in
Computational Biology”

GECCO 2017 Workshop “Evolutionary Computation in Computational Biology”

http://eccsb2017.irlab.org/

In the last two decades, many computer scientists in Artificial
Intelligence have made significant contributions to modeling
biological systems as a means of understanding the molecular basis of
mechanisms in the healthy and diseased cell. The field of
computational biology includes the development and application of
data-analytical and theoretical methods, mathematical modeling and
computational simulation techniques to the study of biological,
behavioral, and social systems. The focus of this workshop is the use
of nature-inspired approaches to central problems in computational
biology, including optimization methods under the umbrella of
evolutionary computation.

Sender:  Vanessa Volz <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CFP: GECCO Student Workshop 2017

***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP *****

                       STUDENT WORKSHOP AT GECCO 2017
                   (FOR GRADUATES AND UNDERGRADUATES)

                   JULY 15-19, 2017, BERLIN, GERMANY

***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP ***** CFP *****

The student workshop at GECCO (Genetic and Evolutionary Computation
Conference) 2017 aims to provide a platform for graduate and
undergraduate students to present their research on the topic at GECCO
in Berlin, Germany. This multi-session workshop supports students with
their scientific work and facilitates their inclusion in the research
community.

At the workshop, students receive valuable feedback on the quality of
their work and their presentation style. This is assured by
constructive discussions after each talk led by a mentor panel of
established researchers. Students are encouraged to use this
opportunity for guidance on future research directions.

In addition, we provide opportunities to:
* present the work to the whole conference audience at the poster session,
* receive a best paper award, and,
* network and discuss ideas during and after the workshop.

This call is open to all papers mainly authored by students (Bachelor,
Master or PhD) and covering topics related to genetic and evolutionary
computation, for example related to any of the GECCO 2017 tracks.

IMPORTANT DATES

* Workshop submission deadline: March 27, 2017
* Decision notification: April 15, 2017
* Camera-ready submission: tba

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

General information on GECCO workshops can be found at
http://gecco-2017.sigevo.org/index.html/Workshops

For more details on the student workshop in particular as well as
up-to-date news, please visit our workshop web site at

    https://url.tu-dortmund.de/GECCO17SWS

 following text in the body of the message:

   subscribe ec-digest-l <Your Name (up to 4 words)>

 - To unsubscribe send email to [log in to unmask] containing the
 following text in the body of the message:

   unsubscribe ec-digest-l

 - To change your email address, simply unsubscribe the old address
 and subscribe the new one.

 - Send other administrative requests to [log in to unmask]

 End of Evolutionary Computation Digest