LISTSERV Archives

EC-DIGEST-L Home

EC-DIGEST-L  January 2017

EC-DIGEST-L January 2017

EC-Digest v31n2

Eric 'Siggy' Scott <[log in to unmask]>

Evolutionary Computation Digest <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 19 Jan 2017 13:43:29 -0500

text/plain

Evolutionary Computation Digest — Thursday, 19 January 2017, Volume 31: Issue 2

SUBMISSION ADDRESS:    [log in to unmask]
NEW LIST ARCHIVE:      http://listserv.gmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=EC-DIGEST-L

(UN)SUBSCRIPTION INSTRUCTIONS:  at the bottom of this email

Today's Topics:

 Announcements
 ---
 - GECCO 2017 Important News
 - SIGEVO Summer School @ GECCO 2017

 CFPs (with submission deadline)
 ----
 - 23 January: MIC 2017 special session on 'Matheuristics'
 - 30 January: Extended deadlines for CEC Special Sessions
 - 31 January: International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy
Systems, and Knowledge Discovery
 - 06 February (Abstracts: 30 January): GECCO 2017
 - 06 February (Abstract: 30 January): GECCO 2017 Real-World Applications Track
 - 28 February: International Workshop on Machine Learning,
Optimization and big Data
 - 28 February: EMO 2017 Call for Participation
 - 03 March: Black-Box Optimization Competition
 - 24 April: Int. Conf. on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications
 - 30 May: SWEVO Special Issue on Advances in Evolutionary
Multiobjective Optimization

CALENDAR OF EC-RELATED ACTIVITIES:

19–21 April, 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Evostar 2017

5–8 June, 2017, San Sebastian, Spain: IEEE Conference on Evolutionary
Computation (CEC 2017)

15-19 July, 2017, Berlin, Germany: Genetic and Evolutionary
Computation Conference (GECCO 2017)

Sender:  Javier Ferrer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [GECCO 2017] Important News

Dear colleagues,
I'm pleased to announce some important news related to the GECCO conference:

*New Website Design*: After 18 years of perpetuating the original
design of the yearly GECCO website, it was about time to modernize the
look and feel. Thanks to the Electronic Media Chairs of GECCO 2017,
who made the first design proposals, and a lot of work and effort by
people working behind the scenes, the look and feel of GECCO have now
followed the ongoing excellence of the conference itself into the 21th
century.
Take a look here: http://gecco-2017.sigevo.org/

*Publication Policiy Updated*: Times have changed and arXiv has become
a popular way of making results known to the world as quick as
possible. Because of this popularity, GECCO (and ACM in general) now
have an exception to the rules, which is that simultaneous submissions
of work to arXiv are allowed.

*New ACM Templates*: ACM has introduced new templates for papers and
articles to appear in their conference proceedings and journals. The
new templates must be used for any new works that are currently still
to be submitted, so that includes papers for GECCO 2017. We recommend
all authors to use the new template (see the Call for Papers on this
site). To ease the transition, for the review process we will still
accept papers formatted with the ACM template that was used for GECCO
in previous years. However, the final submission of accepted papers
MUST be formatted using the new ACM templates.

*Poster-only Papers:* For the first time this year, submissions are
allowed that are targeted at being a poster-only paper of at most 2
pages. Such papers should still present work in genetic and
evolutionary computation that is original and new, but has not yet
reached the stage of the more mature, complete research results that
are typically published in full papers at GECCO. Accepted poster-only
papers appear in the ACM digital library as part of the companion
proceedings of GECCO. Abstracts for poster-only papers do not have to
be submitted in advance.

You can follow the latest news of the GECCO conference on the "Latest
news" website section (http://gecco-2017.sigevo.org/index.html/News)
and social media -  Facebook/Twitter.

Important Dates:

Abstract Deadline:  January 30, 2017
Submission of Full Papers: February 6, 2017
Conference:  15-19 July, 2017

Sender:  Javier Ferrer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [GECCO CFP] [GECCO 2017] SIGEVO SUMMER SCHOOL S3

S I G E V O     S U M M E R     S C H O O L

                   For GECCO students!
        We have grants to ease your participation!

.......... Held along with ACM GECCO 2017 Conference ..........

     July 14-20-21 (plus activities in July 15-19) BERLIN

>>> Only 30 positions are available for students: tell us on your participation during the registration process of GECCO 2017 <<<

Call for Participation

SIGEVO is a special interest group of ACM always looking for new ways
to improve the research and learning on genetic and evolutionary
computation.

In this quest for disseminating the knowledge and making activities in
this domain we will organize, for the first time, a Summer School
around GECCO 2017 in Berlin: S3 (Sigevo Summer School).

We seek for PhD students to participate in this great event, offering:

1. One day before GECCO (July 14th), with lectures and interactions to
world class researchers in this domain.

2. Two days after GECCO (July 20th and 21st) of discussions,
presentations, and joint works.

3. Oriented interactions and learning in tutorials and sessions of GECCO.

4. Great networking opportunities and up to 6 awards to recognize
outstanding performance.

Students of the S3 will be eligible for travel, register and lodging
grants of GECCO.

See the special section on S3 that will appear soon in the web page of
GECCO: http://gecco-2017.sigevo.org/index.html/Summer+School

Any comments or questions on the school organization, please contact
Prof. Enrique Alba ([log in to unmask]).

Sender:  Vittorio Maniezzo <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Matheuristics@MIC - call for abstracts

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

Metaheuristic International Conference (MIC 2017)
Barcelona, Spain, July 4th-7th 2015

Abstract submission deadline: 23 January 2017 (tell me if you need
reasonable extensions)
Special Session webpage: http://mic2017.upf.edu/special-sessions/

Scope of the session
Matheuristics are a means to get model grounded good quality feasible
solutions for complex optimization problems. The range of problems for
which matheuristic techniques have proved effective has widened, going
from the most theoretic ones to actual real-world case studies. This
has been possible because the range of matheuristic techniques has
similarly widened, showing the high research potential of studies
aimed at the design of generic heuristic methods based on mathematical
formulations of the problem of interest.

This session aims at bringing together the researchers exploiting
mathematical programming (MP) techniques in a metaheuristic framework
or working on granting to mathematical programming approaches the
constrained-CPU-time effectiveness which characterizes metaheuristics.

Important dates
*   Submission deadline: January 23, 2017
*   Notification of acceptance: February 27, 2017
*   Camera-ready papers: March 6, 2017
*   Early registration due date: March 31, 2017
*   Conference: July 4-7 2017

Sender:  Ponnuthurai Nagaratnam Suganthan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CEC 2017 numerical optimization competitions (3 scenarios)

The EC-Digest received CFPs from the following CEC 2017 special sessions.

The extended submission deadline for all sessions is January 30, 2017.

Special Session & Competitions on Real-Parameter Single Objective Optimization