MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

October 2015

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2015 00:12:24 -0400
From:
Russell Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
I have accomplished this by having an ³agents" Bag variable in the main
class (SimState), and then every time I create a new object, I add it to
the ³agents" bag.  Then I iterate over all agents simply by looping using
get() method.  If your agents ever die, then you also need to remove them
from the ³agents² bag.  This, of course, requires passing the SimState
object to what ever object is iterating over all agents.  But, in my case,
these objects involved UI, data collection, debug, and other
administrative functions, and not objects within the model Iım simulating.

With this method, you never need to be concerned with where they might
reside in any other data structure, including ObjectGrid or SparseGrid.

Russ

On 10/24/15, 9:56 PM, "MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit on behalf of
Sean Luke" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of