MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

September 2015

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 14:36:47 -0400
isDirtyField() is just a convenience flag that can be set by YOU to indicate that your data has changed.  MASON never touches it.  What you need is to be told that MASON has changed what it's displaying (in terms of scaling or scrolling).  This is easy:

public boolean somethingChanged(DrawInfo2D old, DrawInfo2D new)
	{
	return (old.clip.getX() != new.clip.getX()) ||
		(old.clip.getY() != new.clip.getY()) ||
		(old.clip.getWidth() != new.clip.getWidth()) ||
		(old.clip.getHeight() != new.clip.getHeight()));
	}

Now when you create a new buffer, store the buffer and also store the DrawInfo2D you had received.  When you get a new draw request, compare it against the new DrawInfo2D as shown above, and if "something changed", update the buffer and store the new DrawInfo2D instead.

Also: if info.precise is true, I would not buffer, but rather, I would draw directly and bypass the buffer entirely.

Sean