Welcome back. I hope you have had a restful summer.
There are just a few items I want to remind you about, some of which are related to catalog changes for AY 2015-2016.
1) You cannot receive credit for both STAT 515 and STAT 663.
2) OR 645 (Stochastic Processes), SYST 664/CSI 674 (Bayesian Inference and Decision Theory), and OR 719/CSI 775 (Graphical Models for Inference and Decision Making) will no longer be crosslisted as STAT courses. You can still take them, but they will only apply toward elective credits, not methodology credits. (Specifically OR 645 is offered this Fall T 4:30-7:10; past students have rated this course very highly.)
3) We originally planned to offer STAT 672 in Spring 2016. However, we will not be able to do so. Instead, it will be offered again in Summer 2016.
4) There is a new course STAT 654 Applied Statistics II. This replaces STAT 656 Regression Analysis as a core requirement starting this academic year.
5) The prerequisites for a number of courses have changed. See the AY 2015-2016 catalog for details.
The rotation of courses is posted on the departmental website (http://statistics.gmu.edu/courses/courses.html). This listing reflects the planned course offerings starting in this fall. (Of course, course offerings are subject to minimal enrollment and instructor availability.)
If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.