MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2015

From:
Joerg Hoehne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2015 02:49:48 -0400
On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 21:54:33 +0200, Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Sean, hi Axel,
I was struggling with the same problem and found a solution by extending the Schedule class to do some checks before deciding if the overwritten step() method returns true.

My proposal for a MASON extension is the introduction of a method, invoked at each end of the step() method, which returns true if to continue. This method may be overwritten by the user to decide if a simulation should be continue. In this method any arbitrary computations can be performed by accessing the agents.
A general purpose solution as suggested by Axel I consider to complex as each simulation heads for different criteria and not every agent is important for the simulation run, e.g. some of my agents are sometimes monitoring only but will remain in the schedule queue.

Jörg