MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2015

From:
Axel Kowald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2015 10:51:13 +0200
Hi,

> While the hand-coded versions of the top-level loop do indeed reuse the same SimState, this is not the case for doLoop.  There's a good reason for this: one of the things doLoop can do is run your N jobs in *parallel*, not just in serial.
thanks for the information.
I decided to use the doLoop and collect my data in static class variables.
Because that worked fine I'm now also trying to use the -parallel option.
It seems that my static variable is filled from all parallel batches.
How is this possible if all batches run in independent threads?  Are
there some issues when different threads try to read/write into the same
variable?
I'm normally not using parallel stuff, so please excuse if this is trivial.

Many thanks,
    Axel