MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2015

From:
Luís de Sousa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 19:21:58 +0200
Dear Miriam,

The easiest way to use MASON in one of these IDEs is to simply
download the JAR and add it to your project classpath. In alternative
you can clone the repository into a different project and then
reference it from yours (as Siggy suggests). This later method allows
you to browse the MASON code directly with the IDE.

You should not work on the MASON project and should not commit
anything there. Keep your own model(s) encapsulated in thier own
project(s); this is valid for any IDE you might use.

Once your simulation is complete the easiest way to deploy is to
compile it into a JAR file. This is pretty easy in an IDE.

Regarding the IDE itself, if you do not have much experience with
Eclipse, it should be easier to continue using NetBeans, it is
generally simpler. Otherwise, Eclipse is a far more powerful
environment, with useful tools for many different domains (e.g. I
create all my articles, presentations and posters in Eclipse).

Enjoy MASON. Regards,

Luís