Elsevier Publishing and Mason Libraries are sponsoring a workshop on Academic Publishing for Graduate Students (see info below). I thought it may be of interest to our grad students.
The Academic Publishing workshop information is:
Title: Academic Publishing for Graduate Students
Who: Presenters will include a journal publisher, and two journal editors (Still confirming who they will be. Dr. Menasce from Computer Science will be one of the editors.)
When: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 4 - 6 PM
Where: Instruction room in the Gateway Library (in the Johnson Center)-Must be entered through the library entrance.
* Enter the library and walk to the left around the Circulation desk to the stairs.
* Take the stairs to the 2nd floor, bearing right on the stair landing.
* At the top of the stairs, look to the left and locate the sign hanging from the ceiling for the instruction room (#228).
Sponsors: Elsevier Publishing and the Mason Libraries
Snapshot of topics to be covered:
* Finding the right publication for your article
* Expectations for the peer review process (speed, feedback, etc.)
* Why you were rejected and how to deal with it
* What you need to know about open access publishing
The first hour will be mostly presentations by the publisher and editors. The second hour will be devoted to Q&A from attendees.
Light refreshments will be served.
Let me know if you have any questions.
[log in to unmask]