MS-STAT-L Archives

August 2014

MS-STAT-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2014 14:13:24 +0000
1) If you haven't already registered for classes, please do so soon.  Some of the classes are filling up (or already closed).  Also, we already have the maximum enrollment set to the maximum classroom size.  So, unlike in the past, providing overrides for closed sections may not be possible.

2) There is a new (free) way to access SAS.  And, some of SAS's elearning courses are now available free.  See attachments for details.

3) There will be some changes to the degree requirements for the MS program effective Fall 2015.  Details to follow in the spring semester.  Of course this will not affect you directly.  However, you will have the option to change catalog years if you prefer the new degree requirements.  The main change will be that STAT 656 Regression will be replaced as a core course by a more general modeling course.

I am available (via email, phone or in person) if you need some assistance with course selection, or if you have any general questions about degree requirements.

 As I have mentioned before, please check the degree evaluation tool in Patriot Web after you have registered for classes to make sure that 1) the courses you have registered for apply toward the MS degree and 2) that you have not exceeded 6 elective credits. Please see the requirements for the degree in the catalog under which you were admitted. Your catalog term is listed on the top of your Degree Evaluation and in your student information in Patriot Web. You can change your catalog term (with some restrictions) using the form:
http://registrar.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/GCP.pdf

Thank you,
 Dr. Davis