]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MS-CS-L Home

MS-CS-L  February 2014

MS-CS-L February 2014

[GRAND Seminar] Feb. 11, 3D Shape Retrieval Benchmarking and Contests, Afzal Godil, NIST

Jyh-Ming Lien <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 4 Feb 2014 13:09:06 -0500

text/plain

[Apologies for multiple postings]

*
*
*    GRAND Seminar
*
*    http://cs.gmu.edu/~robotics/pmwiki.php/Main/GrandSeminar
*
*

*Title*

3D Shape Retrieval Benchmarking and Contests

*Time/Venue*

February 11, 12:00 noon, Tuesday, 2014
ENGR 4201

*Speaker*

Afzal Godil
Information Access Division
http://zing.ncsl.nist.gov/godil/

*Abstract*

Benchmarking of 3D Shape retrieval allows developers and researchers to
compare the strengths of different methodologies on a standard dataset.
Here we describe the procedures involved in developing a benchmark and
issues involved. We then discuss some of the current 3D shape retrieval
benchmarking efforts of our group and others. We also review the
different performance evaluation measures that are developed and used
by researchers in the community. After that we give an overview of the
3D shape retrieval contest (SHREC) tracks run under the EuroGraphics
Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval and give details of the tracks that we
have organized for SHREC.Then we present some of the results based on
the different SHREC contest tracks and the other NIST shape benchmark.
Finally, I will describe some recent non-rigid 3D shape retrieval
algorithms developed by our group.

*Short Bio*

Afzal Godil is a project leader in the Information Technology
Laboratory at National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
where he has been for over seventeen years. Prior to that he has worked
at the NASA Langley and Lewis Research centers. His main research
interests are in 3D shape analysis and retrieval, digital human
modeling, shape metrology, computer vision and computational methods.
He has organized twelve Shape Retrieval tracks at the different
Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval. He is also active in a
variety of standards efforts, such as Web graphics, Anthropometry and
Medical extension of X3D.

--
Jyh-Ming Lien

Associate Professor