I had everything except using Evolve for the class in the run configuration. For
some reason I thought I needed the tutorial1 file MaxOnes.java in there.
Obviously the parameter file must handle this linkage.
For any others needing to know this is how I did it...
1. Create a new project called ecj,
- select Use project folder as root for sources and class files
- click Finish
2. Right click on the ecj folder and select Import...
- click on the File System folder and click Next
- Browse for the ec folder from the downloaded archive,
C:\ecj\ec <-- you want the files from the ec folder
- click on the check box beside the ec folder to select all the files
- click on the Create top-level folder check box and click Finish
open the ecj project and you'll see all subfolders have ec. referencing
3. To set up the run configuration (tutorial1 given)
- click on Run (main menu) Run Configurations...
- under Java Application click on the New button
- type in a Name,
- for the Main class: type
- click on the Arguments tab
- in the Program arguments box type in,
- click Apply
4. To try out tutorial1 click on Run
- you'll get an error message if Eclipse is set up that way
- look in your console window for output