ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

September 2013

From:
Marc Segond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2013 10:16:28 +0200

Very true!
Though, making this class Serializable is not the only difference
between the tarball version and the SVN version. So you are perfectly
right, taking the whole ThreadPool.java from the SVN fixes the problem,
though only making the class Serializable in the tarball code does not.
Anyway, it works for me now, thanks.

Marc

On 05/09/2013 01:58, Sean Luke wrote:
> What's curious about this is that I also tried the tarball on the website, and after replacing the
ThreadPool.java file with the properly working one (on SVN), it works great.

> Sean
>
> On Sep 4, 2013, at 5:06 PM, Marc Segond wrote:
>
>> Dear Sean,
>> I tried with the SVN version, and indeed it works.
>> I tried again with the .tar.gz version, and I confirm that
checkpointing doesn't work when using multithreading. It generates
correctly the checkpoints, put when you try to resume from a checkpoint,
it loads all the history, but then fails to start again the evaluation
without printing any error or raising any exception.