ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2013

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:44:27 +0200
From:
Bojan Janisch <[log in to unmask]>
Hey again,

I've found the bottleneck of my algorithm. Drools was running in infinite loops, using only one core and letting the others wait.
So I've solved this problem by putting a limit how many rules it shall fire max. But fixing this bug, revealed a more suspicious bug.

Sometimes ECJ runs with all threads waiting. I've checked if the problem comes from Drools again, but this time it's after/before
Drools run. I've checked which threads are running with VisualVM, getting the result that only Attach Listener, Signal Dispatcher
and some RMI TCP threads are running, while all my threads 0-14 are waiting.

So what would I'd like to know is, what could cause all threads to wait? Doesn't the merger handle the threads after they're finished?
By the way it seems that this bug occurs after Drools has finished and the rule has been evaluated, but I'm not sure because I don't
know how many times it needs to run. (Depends on Generations and Population it needs)

Greetings

Bojan