MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2013

Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:00:11 -0400
From:
Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Well, there are two reasons to have a chart:

1. To view it in MASON.
2. To print it for publication.

Rescaling might have some (I think minor) advantages for #1 but it is horrible, awful, no good at all for #2.  Truly evil.  It makes it essentially impossible to create a chart of the right proportion and size so all your publication charts are consistent.  That's why I modified it.  The rescaling mechanism is also consistent with the rest of MASON's displays, though we could move the proportion thing to the sidebar.

It's possible to change the state with a checkbox or something.  What's your goal?  Do you want the chart to stretch in both dimensions to fill the window?  Or do you want it to just stretch to fill the window but maintain its proportion?

Sean