ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2013

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:58:51 -0400
Pruning will be up to you.  But you have two ways you can hook into ECJ to do it.

1. You can create a BreedingPipeline which prunes the trees handed it by its children.  This is essentially a mutation mechanism during breeding of individuals.  You'd probably set this up as the top-level pipeline, with the standard Koza pipeline structure underneath it, so it's the last thing that operates on new individuals.

2. Perhaps a better approach would be simply to prune the individual during fitness evaluation prior to testing it.

Sean

Begin forwarded message: