ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2013

From:
Mehran Maghoumi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:16:52 -0400
OK so the subject may be a bit misleading but that is the best I could come up with.
I am trying to evaluate my individuals on CUDA. Based on some papers, I concluded that the best way to
do so is by converting the individuals to Reverse Polish Notation (Postfix) expressions.
I know the best way to do this is to write classes that generate postfix individuals in the first place.
However, since the main focus of my work is not ultra-optimization, any conversion of the tree to postfix
expression will do.
Right now what I am doing is using a modified version of the "makeLispTree" method in GPNode class to
generate a posfix expression from the tree.
As it is stated in that function's JavaDoc, this is not a good method for doing over and over again or
sending the individuals over the network.
What method can I use to do the same thing but with better performance?

Since ECJ has IslandModel parallelism, how is it transferring individuals with acceptable performance from
an island to the next?

Thanks for any response in advance.