ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2013

Sender:
From:
Courtney Falk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:41:33 -0400
>[sorry if this is a repost -- GMU has seriously messed up the email system
today]

Nope.  First time it's posted to the list it looks like.

>Courtney, I can't answer this for you, but I can make some guesses.  if the
standardized fitness is 0.0, KozaFitness will indicate that it is ideal, and
ECJ will behave like you've found below.  So the question is why the
standardized fitness is zero.  One possibility is that you're never setting
the fitness at all somehow, maybe throwing an exception that you're catching
elsewhere, and so the fitness will by default be 0 (hence ideal).  Another
possibility is that you're setting your weighted_score variable to 0.0f each
time.

I set a breakpoint on the KozaFitness.setStandardizedFitness call and saw
that it was set to a non-zero value greater than zero.  I'll see if I can
set a watch and find out if the fitness value is getting reset somewhere
along the line.

Court