ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2013

Sender:
From:
SUBSCRIBE ECJ-INTEREST-L Anonymous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2013 17:22:38 -0400
Hi,

0. Be sure you're using the SVN repository version of ECJ, not the tarball
version.
---> Yes, its from the SVN.

1. You seem to have a hard wrap in your text file below, breaking the
genomes into two lines.
---> No. That's only because the genomes are long. So it appears to be
hard wrapped when I paste into this forum's editor.

2. Ignore the first once-only warning.
---> Ok.

3. The file below has two individuals named "i2|".  That's the cause of the
second warning.
---> If you are referring to "Individual Number: i0|", there are no
duplicates.

4. I can't tell what's going on with your null pointer exception, it's inside
your code, sorry.
---> Ok.

5. PrintIndividual needs the EvolutionState because it needs the Output
facility.  Is there a reason this won't be available but you'd still want to
print printIndividual?  You can recreate most of printIndividual by just
writing out the right text and the right genome encodings (use
ec/util/Code.java).
---> I want to quickly test ECJ with an initial population to see if its what I
need, without having to dig for days simply to understand its workings. If
you have a simple example, that would be very helpful.