HISTPHD-L Archives

October 2012

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Nicole Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:00:40 -0400
More Workshops have been added.

University Dissertation & Thesis Services (UDTS), the Division of Instructional Technology (DoIT), and Mason University Libraries are pleased to announce that we have scheduled some more workshops for Fall 2012.

Please note that you can sign up for one or more sessions--whatever benefits you the most.

First, we have scheduled some more Two-Part Workshops, which will take place on the following dates:

Tuesday, October 23
Fairfax Campus; Johnson Center, Room 311B
9:30 - 10:00 a.m.: UDTS Coordinator Sally Evans gives you an overview of the process you must complete in order to format and submit your thesis or dissertation so that you can graduate on time.

10:15 - 11:45 a.m.: A member of DoIT will walk you through our Interactive template, which greatly simplifies creating and/or formatting your thesis or dissertation in Word.

Friday, October 26
Arlington Campus; Founders Hall, Room 206
1:00 - 1:30 p.m.: UDTS Coordinator Sally Evans gives you an overview of the process you must complete in order to format and submit your thesis or dissertation so that you can graduate on time.

1:45 - 3:15 p.m.: A member of DoIT will walk you through our Interactive template, which greatly simplifies creating and/or formatting your thesis or dissertation in Word.

Wednesday, October 31
Johnson Center, Room 311B
2:00 - 2:30 p.m.: UDTS Coordinator Sally Evans gives you an overview of the process you must complete in order to format and submit your thesis or dissertation so that you can graduate on time.

2:00 - 3:30 p.m.: A member of DoIT will walk you through our Interactive template, which greatly simplifies creating and/or formatting your thesis or dissertation in Word.

To sign up for any of these Two-Part Workshops, please visit the following site:

http://ittraining.gmu.edu/workshops.cfm

If you have any trouble signing up, please contact a member of DoIT at the following email address:

Please note that we are not currently offering sessions on Zotero in these workshops. If you would like to take a class on Zotero, you can sign up for them through the University Libraries website:

http://gmu.libcal.com/workshops#!/month/2012/10

UDTS has also scheduled some hour-long information sessions; these sessions will cover the process students will need to complete in order to complete, format, and submit their documents. Please note: there are no Word or Zotero portions in these sessions, which will take place at the following times:

Thursday, October 11
332 Founders Hall, on the Arlington campus
3:00 - 4:00 p.m.

Monday, October 22
332 Founders Hall, on the Arlington campus
6:00 - 7:00 p.m.

Monday, November 12
All of these sessions will take place in the Johnson Center Library's 2nd-Floor Instruction Room, on the Fairfax campus.

9:30 - 10:30 a.m.

11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

3:00 - 4:00 p.m.

To register for these sessions, please visit the following site:

http://gmu.libcal.com/workshops#!/month/2012/10

If you have any questions or need any further information about any of these, please contact us. We look forward to working with you.

Thank you,

Sally

University Dissertation and Thesis Services
George Mason University
Fenwick Library, Room C203
Web: http://thesis.gmu.edu
Phone: 703-993-2222
Office Hrs. Mon - Fri 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (by appointment only)