]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MASON-INTEREST-L Home

MASON-INTEREST-L  June 2012

MASON-INTEREST-L June 2012

Re: Not all classes loaded, due to error: probably no Java3D

Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:36:45 -0400

There's nothing special with regard to 32 bit or 64 bit.

When you fire up the Console (typically via "java sim.display.Console"), one thing it does is try to determine all the simulation classes in your system.  These classes are defined in a file called sim/display/simulation.classes and are listed by class name.  Console tries to load each of these classes so it can display them in its list of available simulations.

Sometimes when the Console loads a simulation class, an error is thrown, usually because Java can't find all the classes this class is referencing so it can't link it.  This is what produces this error message (see line 1753 of Console.java)

If you want a quick hack to prevent Console from printing this message, you could change line 1723 to read:

	boolean errout = true;   // used to be false;

Anyway, the #1 reason why Java can't find classes referenced by a simulation class is because it's referring to Java3D stuff and you don't have Java3D installed.  But it's possible that there may be other reasons.

I doubt the reason has anything to do with the bitness of your laptop or the particular Java virtual machine you've installed.  Most likely you had Java3D installed before and now you don't.

Here is a version of the simulation.classes file with the Java3D simulations removed.  If this is still producing the error, then that'd be interesting.

Sean On Jun 6, 2012, at 10:53 AM, Axel Kowald wrote: > Hello everybody, > > I installed MASON 16 on my win7 32bit laptop and the simulation that I > develop runs without any errors. Now I installed MASON also on my win7 64 > bit machine and I get the error "Not all classes loaded, due to error: > probably no Java3D". > > My simulation runs without problems (probably because I don't use any 3D > stuff), so it is more a kind of annoying warning. It is generated when I > create a new Console object, but the point is that the same > java3d-1_5_1-windows-i586.exe is installed on both machines. So why should I > get the warning only on the 64 bit machine? Is there a special version for > 64bit? > > Btw., I'm using the mason.jar file together with Eclipse to develop my > simulation. > > Axel