HISTPHD-L Archives

May 2012

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Nicole Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2012 11:17:07 -0400

University Dissertation & Thesis Services (UDTS), the Division of
Instructional Technology (DoIT), and Mason University Libraries are
happy to announce that we have scheduled some Dissertation & Thesis
workshops for Summer 2012.

Please note that you can sign up for one, two, or all three of the
sessions each day--whatever benefits you the most.

Also, please note that all of the following workshops will take place in
the Johnson Center, room 311B.

Here are the upcoming dates and times:

Tuesday, June 5
9:30 - 10:00 a.m.: UDTS Coordinator Sally Evans gives you an overview of
the process you must complete in order to format and submit your thesis
or dissertation so that you can graduate on time.

10:15 - 11:15 a.m.: Sunny Penumalli & Abel Roasa, members of DoIT, will
walk you through our Interactive template, which greatly simplifies
creating and/or formatting your thesis or dissertation in Word.

11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Allison Meyer O'Connor, a member of Mason
University Libraries, will introduce you to the reference tool Zotero,
which will make organizing your references and implementing them in your
thesis or dissertation much easier.

Wednesday, June 27
1:00 - 1:30 p.m.: UDTS Coordinator Sally Evans gives you an overview of
the process you must complete in order to format and submit your thesis
or dissertation so that you can graduate on time.

1:45 - 2:45 p.m.: Sunny Penumalli & Abel Roasa, members of DoIT, will
walk you through our Interactive template, which greatly simplifies
creating and/or formatting your thesis or dissertation in Word.

3:00 - 3:30 p.m.: Allison Meyer O'Connor, a member of Mason University
Libraries, will introduce you to the reference tool Zotero, which will
make organizing your references and implementing them in your thesis or
dissertation much easier.

Monday, July 2
2:00 - 2:30 p.m.: UDTS Coordinator Sally Evans gives you an overview of
the process you must complete in order to format and submit your thesis
or dissertation so that you can graduate on time.

2:45 - 3:45 p.m.: Iliana Vazuka & Abel Roasa, members of DoIT, will walk
you through our Interactive template, which greatly simplifies creating
and/or formatting your thesis or dissertation in Word.

4:00 - 4:30 p.m.: Royce Gildersleeve, a member of Mason University
Libraries, will introduce you to the reference tool Zotero, which will
make organizing your references and implementing them in your thesis or
dissertation much easier.

Thursday, July 12
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: UDTS Coordinator Sally Evans gives you an
overview of the process you must complete in order to format and submit
your thesis or dissertation so that you can graduate on time.

1:00 - 2:00 p.m.: Sunny Penumalli & Abel Roasa, members of DoIT, will
walk you through our Interactive template, which greatly simplifies
creating and/or formatting your thesis or dissertation in Word.

2:15 - 2:45 p.m.: Royce Gildersleeve, a member of Mason University
Libraries, will introduce you to the reference tool Zotero, which will
make organizing your references and implementing them in your thesis or
dissertation much easier.

Wednesday, July 18
9:30 - 10:00 a.m.: UDTS Coordinator Sally Evans gives you an overview of
the process you must complete in order to format and submit your thesis
or dissertation so that you can graduate on time.

10:15 - 11:15 a.m.: Abel Roasa, a member of DoIT, will walk you through
our Interactive template, which greatly simplifies creating and/or
formatting your thesis or dissertation in Word.

11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Royce Gildersleeve, a member of Mason
University Libraries, will introduce you to the reference tool Zotero,
which will make organizing your references and implementing them in your
thesis or dissertation much easier.

Wednesday, August 1
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: UDTS Coordinator Sally Evans gives you an
overview of the process you must complete in order to format and submit
your thesis or dissertation so that you can graduate on time.

1:00 - 2:00 p.m.: Iliana Vazuka & Abel Roasa, members of DoIT, will walk
you through our Interactive template, which greatly simplifies creating
and/or formatting your thesis or dissertation in Word.

2:15 - 2:45 p.m.: Royce Gildersleeve, a member of Mason University
Libraries, will introduce you to the reference tool Zotero, which will
make organizing your references and implementing them in your thesis or
dissertation much easier.

To sign up for any of these, please go to the following website:
http://ittraining.gmu.edu/workshops.cfm.

If you should have any trouble signing up, please send an email to the
following address: [log in to unmask]

If you have any other questions, please contact UDTS Coordinator Sally
Evans at the following address: [log in to unmask] We look forward to working
with you.

Thank you,

Sally

University Dissertation and Thesis Services
George Mason University
Fenwick Library, Room C203
Web: http://thesis.gmu.edu
Phone: 703-993-2222
Office Hrs. Mon - Fri 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (by appointment only)