]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VSE-FACULTY-L Home

VSE-FACULTY-L  February 2012

VSE-FACULTY-L February 2012

CS Colloquium, Thursday Feb 23rd, 11am, Eng. 4201

Jana Kosecka <[log in to unmask]>

Jana Kosecka <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:23:15 -0500

text/plain

Speaker: Dimitris Gunopulos
Title:  Searching in Sequences of Documents and in Biological Sequences
Location: 11:00 am, February 23, Thursday, ENGR 4201

Abstract: We consider the problem of searching in two domains where the ordering is important, namely biological sequence data, and data from live, time-stamped data collections (such as blogs). As the number and size of such data collections increase, the problem of efficiently indexing and searching such data becomes more important. We present novel approaches for subsequence matching and for keyword search and event identif