Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FOLKWRITERS-L Home

FOLKWRITERS-L  February 2012

FOLKWRITERS-L February 2012

Re: Group Reading / forum

"Margaret R. Yocom" <[log in to unmask]>

Margaret R. Yocom

Sat, 25 Feb 2012 14:49:25 -0500

text/plain

In the past, we've held a forum during the day rather than a panel.

The forum format allowed several named readers to anchor the event and other readers could read, as time allowed. We gathered names ahead of time, by email, and we added names, as possible, using  sign-up sheet at the beginning of the forum, itself.

I organized such a forum for the publication of The Folklore Muse, for example. It worked very well and drew a goodly crowd. And earlier, we held another very well-attended forum for readings in the same manner.

Peggy Yocom
George Mason University
Folklore Studies Program