MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

September 2011

From:
Chris Hollander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:55:44 -0400
Just an FYI, the last time I used processing, you can use it from
java. It's just a set of packages like anything else, but it makes
working with the graphics API a lot easier. The processing stand alone
program itself is really just a preprocessor. It takes you code and
wraps it in a class then builds a normal java app out of it. I think
there might be some limitations with calling AWT or Swing from the
same program that uses the processing API though.

I don't think it's a replacement for JFreeChart though, unless
somebody has used it to make some other library API. I've used it
myself for offline simulation visualization... I dump my SparseGraph
data to text files at each time step, then read in the data with
processing to create three dimensional visualizations of my simulation
over time.

Chris