MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2011

From:
Sam Brett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 12:42:24 -0400
I've noticed that in the scheduling methods of the Schedule class that
intervals and times can be doubles. Is this still integral time with some
divisor? Is there some fixed timestep or can one schedule at any time? Is
there a performance hit if some intervals are not repeatable (i.e.
irrational)? So I guess what I'm really asking is if time is still discrete
and steppables are lumped into bins or if the schedule is truly asynchronous
now. I know for a long time MASON had only discrete timesteps.