MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2011

From:
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2011 08:44:53 -0400
I've updated the manual here:
	http://cs.gmu.edu/~sean/temp/manual.pdf

The manual now has a 3D addition to the student schoolyard tutorial,
has the entire 3D section written, and has all GUI and Media utilities
written except for the big one (Charting).  I've got to hold off on
writing the Charting section -- classes starting -- which means we
have to hold off on putting out the new MASON version.

In the meantime, I need some help.  We have made a LOT of revisions to
MASON on SVN as I have gone through the system class by class in
writing the manual and realized that this or that was a stupid
decision or bad code.  Many of these changes are not backward-
compatible, though most are to features so small and unusual that they
are unlikely to be used by the bulk of people.  There are a few which
will affect everyone: fortunately, they tend to be require very small
modifications to get back up and running.

I need you to grab the latest version on SVN and bang on it with your
models.  See if you can get it running.  If you can't, please post
here for hints and I'll do my best to help you out.  And if you find a
definite error in the changes or a Bad Idea, please post here and I'll
reconsider.

Basically, I need the SVN version as stable as possible before we put
it out as an official release.

Thanks,