MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2011

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2011 14:25:38 -0400
From:
On Aug 28, 2011, at 1:47 PM, Tony Bigbee wrote:

> As a side note, I'm wondering if you've looked at alternatives to
> the perpetually dying JMF.    In the alternatives section in the
> below article on JMF, there is a list of alternatives including a
> library that mirrors the JMF API, but I don't have any experience
> with these.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Media_Framework#Alternatives

I've considered replacing JMF, but must admit it's a low priority.
All of the JMF facilities are entirely encapuslated in MovieEncoder
and MovieMaker so it should be pretty easy to swap another one in if
you wanted to look into it.

> Also, is there any way to prevent this error message:
> Not all classes loaded, due to error: probably no Java3D.
> I've deleted all the 3d packages in sim, but still see this message.

This message is generated when the Console attempts to find all the
classes in the simulation.classes file and it can't.  Usually the
reason it can't is because the 3D classes weren't compiled.  In your
case it's because you deleted them.  So just go into that file and
remove the 3D demo examples (including Tutorials 6 and 7 I think).

> Your manual has been very useful in more than one way.  The link you
> provided in the email is actually to ECJ's manual.

Oops, sorry.  Try

	http://cs.gmu.edu/~sean/temp/mason.pdf