Job Opportunity

BIS Office <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:29:44 -0400

text/plain

On Campus Interview: Student Program Analyst, U.S. State Department

The U.S. Department of Stateís Office of Information Programs and Services
would like to recruit students from your university to join our office under
the federal Student Career Experience Program (SCEP). SCEP provides work
experience which is related to the student's academic and career goals. If
eligible, students in SCEP may be noncompetitively converted to permanent
status following completion of their academic and work experience requirements.

For students interested in federal public service, especially international
affairs or public administration, our program offers an excellent way of
gaining on-the-job skills and experience through hands-on work with
Department of State documents dealing with the entire range of U.S. foreign
policy and diplomatic activities.

Those selected would provide program assistance to the professional staff in
administering the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts, responding to
public requests for information, managing special document production
projects requested for Congress or other investigative authorities and
enhancing information management and access in support of U.S. diplomacy.

This is NOT an unpaid internship. The Office of Information Programs and
Services makes funding available to pay students during the school year as
well as summer and winter breaks. Applicants would be expected to work, at
minimum, 16 hours per week with the hours adapted to the individualís
academic schedule.

Students with the following majors are encouraged to apply: Political
Science, Government, International Studies, Public Administration, History,
Legal Studies, Information Technology/Computer Science, and Library Science.

To be eligible to apply, students must be a U.S. Citizen, have a 3.0 GPA or
higher, and must currently be freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or
first-year-graduate students. Students must not be graduating before May 2013.

You can find this position by logging in to Hire Mason:
https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
To apply for this position you MUST complete the Orientation to On-Campus
Interviewing. Click here for more OCI information:
http://careers.gmu.edu/student/oci/

--
Tory Bustard
Associate Director

Please note that e-mail is not a confidential form of communication.
If you are receiving this message in error, please let me know.
If you are seeking career counseling services, please contact our office at
(703) 993-2370. Thank you.

Although University Career Services reviews advertised positions, we cannot
guarantee that every advertised position is legitimate or appropriate for
you. You are responsible to determine whether a potential job matches your
skills and interests, and if a potential job is legitimate.