MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

May 2011

From:
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 10:04:54 -0400
Hi Ben.  The sim.util.distribution implementations are actually
slightly modified versions of original code from the now-defunct COLT
project at CERN -- and with a statement to that effect [basically "we
didn't make it so we can't vouch for other people's crummy code, but
this might be useful for you" :-) ]. This incorrect documentation is
from them.

If you're concerned about the documentation, you should see the magic
numbers in their code. :-(

We can go over their documentation but it's going to be a long time in
the queue. But if YOU have time to prod at it, I will gladly fix
every single error you find in that documentation. I've fixed the
ChiSquare doc bug.

[Sorry that this is a variant of the classic irritating Linux
developers' response "well if you want a feature YOU write it" --
which I hate.]

Sean