]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MS-EE-L Home

MS-EE-L  April 2011

MS-EE-L April 2011

Important message for Spring 2011 graduates

Sisi Jou <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:22:59 -0400

text/plain

Dear Spring 2011 Mason Graduates,

Greetings from University Dissertation&  Thesis Services!

We're very excited that you're graduating, and we're going to do everything
we can to help you finish up. I've already met with quite a few of you, and
I look forward to meeting with more.

I just want to send out a heads-up, to make sure we're all on the same page.
If you are planning to graduate in Spring 2011, you need to know the
following EXTREMELY IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

1) First, and most important, I want to make sure you know the FINAL
SUBMISSION DATE for Spring 2011: you have to turn in your final copies of
your thesis or dissertation, and all paperwork, to my office (Fenwick
Library, C203) by 5:00 p.m. on May 6, 2011. You can turn it in anytime
between now and then, but if you submit everything after 5:00 p.m. on May 6,
2011, YOU WILL NOT GRADUATE IN SPRING 2011.

2) Have you had a Format Review yet? If you're planning to graduate in
Spring 2011, and you haven't had your Format Review yet, send your document
to me NOW, to this address: [log in to unmask]

3) If you've had your Format Review, have you had your Submission
Consultation? If not, make your appointment NOW--email me at this address:

4) Have you attended your Defense?

5) Have you made all changes required by your committee?

6) If you've had your Format Review and your Submission Consultation (and
your Defense, if you need to defend) . . .

      ~ Do you have all of your signatures, in black ink, on your white,
100% cotton signature sheet(s)?

      ~ Have you printed out the appropriate number of copies of your thesis
or dissertation on white, 100% cotton paper? Is it printed single-sided? Is
it unbound?

      ~ Have you burned your 1 or 2 cds?

      ~ Have you filled out all of your paperwork?

      ~ (PhDs only) Do you have your check for $65 or $160, made out to
PQIL?

7) If the answer to all of the above is YES, then you are ready to turn in
your thesis or dissertation!

If you would like to send in your thesis or dissertation for a Format
Review, make an appointment for a Submission Consultation, or make an
appointment for your Final Submission, please email me at [log in to unmask] to do
so.

May 2 - 6 will be an extremely hectic time, so please try to make an
appointment for final submission. I will do my very best to honor every
appointment made, but I also know that there will be a lot of people who
just drop by, so please be patient. It will be a busy week, but I'll do
everything I can to make sure you're out and celebrating as soon as
possible.

If you have any questions or need any further information, please email me.
I look forward to hearing from you (and/or meeting you) soon.

Thank you,

Sally R. Evans
Coordinator

University Dissertation and Thesis Services
George Mason University
Fenwick Library, Room C203
Web: http://thesis.gmu.edu
Phone: 703-993-2222
Office Hrs. Mon - Fri 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (by appointment only)