FTESOL-L April 2011

Updates on Summer textbooks and tuition

Jennifer Coarts <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:31:47 -0400

text/plain

Hello FAST TRAINers,

We have a couple of updates we'd like to share with you in preparation
for the summer program.

1)  Textbooks - we have made arrangements with the GMU bookstore so that
you can receive your textbooks on orientation day (June 27) even though
the bookstore will be closed.  The FAST TRAIN staff will pick up all
pre-ordered textbooks from the bookstore prior to orientation, and we
will have them ready for you during the orientation lunch.   To take
advantage of this, FAST TRAIN students must do the following:

a) Order your textbooks from the Mason bookstore
(http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/current-students/textbooks/)
b) Choose "Store Pick Up" as the shipping method
c) In the box for student name write your name and FAST TRAIN (i.e.
Jennifer Coarts - FAST TRAIN)
d) Complete and pay for your order as usual
e) Send a copy of your book order receipt to [log in to unmask] so we know
that you are on the list for pickup.
f) Sit back and let the FAST TRAIN staff do all the heavy lifting!

You can always have your books shipped to you prior to the summer
program if you desire.  All book lists are on the bookstore website now.

2) Summer 2011 Tuition - as we thought might happen, the university has
raised tuition rates for Summer 2011.  The new tuition rates are on our
website here: http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/prospective-students/finances/
For the FAST TRAIN program, this means that all students, regardless of
in-state status, are paying around $90 more per class.

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
More updates will be on the way as we get closer to summer.

Thanks!
Jennifer Coarts

--
Jennifer Coarts
Coordinator, FAST TRAIN Programs

Ph: 1-703-993-3602    Fax: 1-703-246-8996

http://fasttrain.gmu.edu