MS-EE-L Archives

March 2011

MS-EE-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Sisi Jou <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 17:10:39 -0500
FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Writing Center [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Writing Center workshops next week!

Please forward the following announcement to your student and faculty
listservs. Thanks for your time and assistance.

Big paper due right before spring break? Or even after? The Writing Center
will offer three free workshops next week that might be right up your alley.

EVALUATING AND INTEGRATING SOURCES: This workshop meets on Monday March 7
from 4:30-6:30 pm in Johnson Center Meeting Room C (third floor). Are your
sources reliable? Where do they fit in your essay? Our tutors will present
an interactive presentation to help you answer these questions and more.

The CITING SOURCES workshop will meet on Tuesday March 8 from 4:30-6:30 pm
in Student Union Building II, VIP Room II. Learn the ins and outs of
citation standards in discipline-specific styles like APA and MLA!

The BUILDING AN ARGUMENT workshop will meet on Thursday March 10 from
2:30-4:30 pm in Johnson Center room 243 (second floor above Burger King).
Work with our tutors to make your writing as persuasive as possible!

For all workshops, please bring your assignment prompt, questions and ideas,
drafts, and research materials.

To reserve a spot for any or all of the workshops, email [log in to unmask] or
call 703-993-1200. More workshops to come this semester--visit
writingcenter.gmu.edu to view the full schedule. We hope to see you soon!

George Mason Writing Center
Robinson Hall A114
(703)993-1200
writingcenter.gmu.edu