MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

March 2011

From:
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:34:33 -0500
On Mar 1, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Samuel W. Brett (SWB) wrote:

> Well the addSeries method seems to be deprecated. In addition, the
> how to says to put certain code in the init method of the gui class.
> Whenever I put the code in there it never seems to get called.

Hmmm, there are *no* deprecated methods in the MASON charting code.
addSeries is correct, so I'm confused.

The init(...) method will be called once, when the GUI for your
simulation is being fired up (more specifically, when the Console has
been created).  It's *definitely* being called -- it's a very
important method!  Are you perhaps returning from this method before
you get to the chart code?  Or have you built an init(...) method
somewhere else?  It's the method in your GUIState subclass.

To double-check, I cut-and-pasted from the HowTo code into sim/app/
antsforage/AntsForageWithUI.java to try it out, and it works nicely.
Here's some code for you to double-check against.