MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

December 2010

From:
Mark Coletti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:11:27 -0500
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Murat KARAKAYA <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I want to simulate a sensor network composing of static sensor nodes which
> monitor a road for passing-by objects. These mobile objects are in different
> shapes and areas. I want to sensor nodes would sense the object not by its
> center coordinates but by its area. For example a car object would have a
> small rectangle area wrt that of a bus object.

You may want to look into GeoMason. Though the intent with GeoMason
is to deal with geospatial entities, it is wrapped round the Java
Topology Suit (JTS). JTS provides the type of functionality you are
looking for, including querying Geometry area.

GeoMason is found in the "contrib" directory in the main MASON distribution.