ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

December 2010

From:
Mark Coletti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 11:55:48 -0500
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> We'll try to start providing more meaningful commit messages, but since I've
> relied on the CHANGES file long before we moved to a VCS, the muscle memory
> is there.

Just as an aside, it may be worth searching for an automated tool for
updating CHANGES files. I use just such a tool for CVS, cvs2cl.pl; it
essentially slurps up all the cvs commit logs and plops them into
CHANGES. Presumably there is something similar for Subversion. Heck,
someone could probably even whip up an at job to sync CHANGES with
such a tool at 4am or somesuch every day.

Cheers!

Mark