MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

November 2010

From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:10:57 -0500
Martin, the right person to look into this is Gabriel Balan, and to a
lesser extend Liviu Panait (whom I am cc:ing).  They were the two who
put this package together way back when.  Gabriel is moving to New
Hampshire so may be in radio silence right now however.

In the meantime we need to nail down whether or not it's a recursion
bug or a um, misfeature.  Try increasing the stack size in Java.  This
is done with the -Xss parameter.  The default value is probably 512K.
Try increasing it considerably, like

	java -Xss16392k ...

You should also increase the heap I guess.  I'd do something like:

	java -Xss16392k -Xmx500M -Xms500M ...

If you can't find a stack size which will complete the task, then it's
possibly the case that we're seeing a recursion bug here rather than a
maximal graph limit.

Your other option is to go with Jung.  Now beware: I believe that Jung
isn't serializable, so you may be stuck unable to checkpoint out.  I
am cc:ing Maciej Latek, who knows a lot about jerry-rigging MASON to
Jung.

Sean