MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2010

From:
Oliver Bown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:51:04 +1000
Hi there,

I am a Mason beginner and I apologise if I have missed the answer elsewhere.

Do any of the properties inspectors offered by Mason allow a recursive view of contained fields? For example, if I had a class Car with the method getEngine(), and Engine had methods getNumCylinders() and getYearOfManufacture(), could I call up an inspector that would look like this:

myCar
-- engine
---- numCylinders : 6
---- yearOfManufacture : 1996

I would like to reuse a number of classes across different agent behaviours and this seems like a basic requirement for being able to drill down and access values in those classes interactively.

Many thanks,

Ollie Bown
Centre for Electronic Media Art
Monash University, Australia