MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2010

From:
Matthew Berryman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:30:06 +0930
Hi,

Anyone with any experience running large simulations using MASON on different OS/JVM combinations?
My gut instinct tells me an X-less Linux box running a recent Sun JVM would be my best bet for speed, but I'm an OS agnostic.

To date the largest ABM I have helped build runs in Repast 3 (not my choice, I might add ;) and it's only possible to test it on Windows. There are Java benchmarks out there I know, but none that I can see based around (GUI-less) MASON ABMs.

Regards,
Dr Matthew Berryman
Defence and Systems Institute
Bldg. W (MLK-05)