Dear TCOM & CFRS Students,
This information came from the Career Services. If you are interested
in this internship, please apply on line, careers.gmu.edu/pjw. This
announcement does not imply TCOM program endorsement, approval, or
sponsorship. Thank you and have a nice day.
US Sales - Service Provider Lab Intern
The ideal candidate should be available to work 35-40 hours per week. A
minimum of six months is recommended.
Candidates must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college/university.
1. Assist engineers in setting up customer networks and tearing them
down upon conclusion of testing. This includes physically connecting
routers/switches/hosts/test tools for the network build-out and
progresses to include network configuration upon the internís
demonstration of appropriate knowledge and skills.
2. Maintain, install and refresh lab host devices (Windows, Linux,
Solaris machines, and VMWare virtual machines)
3. Inventory tasks, including receiving, logging and installing new
4. Perform router/switch/test tool maintenance and configuration.
5. Troubleshoot lab infrastructure and maintain connectivity to lab
6. Facilitate equipment sharing between teams.
- Must be enrolled in school pursuing a technical degree, including
Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Requires demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, inter networking protocols and Ethernet.
- Knowledge and experience with PC and server operating systems,
applications and hardware.
- Familiarity with networking equipment such as routers and switches.
- Knowledge of scripting (Perl, expect, TCL, Java, Oracle, C, Unix
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Self-starter and highly motivated individual.
- Dedication to customer success.
Visit careers.gmu.edu/pjw to apply.
Julie Lubochinski, MA
George Mason University, VA 22030-4444
University Career Services, MSN 3B6
E-mail: [log in to unmask] Phone: 703-993-4024
Please note that e-mail is not a confidential form of communication.
If you are receiving this message in error, please let me know.
If you are seeking career counseling services, please contact our office at (703) 993-2370.
Although University Career Services reviews advertised positions, we cannot guarantee that every advertised position is legitimate or appropriate for you. You are responsible to determine whether a potential job matches your skills and interests, and if a potential job is legitimate.
M.S. in Telecommunications Program
M.S. in Computer Forensics Program