Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

BIS-L Home

BIS-L  April 2010

BIS-L April 2010

Next Week in Career Services, April 19th

"Stephanie A. Barnett" <[log in to unmask]>

Stephanie A. Barnett

Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:25:18 -0400

text/plain

Next Week in Career Services, April 19th

1. Upcoming workshops
2. Can't make it in person? Career Stream
3. Women for Hire Career Expo
4. Busy now? More workshops after graduation
5. Three Tips for Following Up after an Interview

1. Upcoming workshops
Networking Skills & Practice including the use of LinkedIn
Monday, April 19 4 - 5:30 p.m. SUB I, Rooms A & B

Job Search Strategies in a Tight Market
Monday, April 19 5:30 - 7 p.m. SUB I, Rooms A & B

Finding an Internship
Wednesday, April 21 12:15 - 1:30 p.m. SUB I, Room 348

Can't make it in person to these workshops? Try Career Stream! See the
announcement below.
Back to Index

2. Can't make it in person? Career Stream

Join us online! Live workshops taking place on the Fairfax campus will be
streamed to livestream.com/universitylifelive. The streamed workshops will also
be shown in classrooms on the Prince William campus.

Networking Skills & Practice including the use of LinkedIn
Monday, April 19 4 - 5:30 p.m. Streamed to Bull Run Hall, Room 247

Job Search Strategies in a Tight Market
Monday, April 19 5:30 - 7 p.m. Streamed to Bull Run Hall, Room 247

Finding an Internship
Wednesday, April 21 12:15 - 1:30 p.m. Online only
Back to Index

3. Women for Hire Career Expo
Join Women for Hire at the annual Washington, D.C. Career Expo. Register on
site. Business attire and resumes are required. Admission is free.

Thursday, April 22
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The Almas Temple at the Hamilton Crowne Hotel
1315 K Street, NW, Washington, DC

Free at the Expo:
Resume critiquing
Power career seminars
Mini career makeovers
Career profiler
New mentor match program

Early morning seminar (pre-registration required)
8:30 - 10 a.m.
Meet Good Morning America's workplace contributor and Women for Hire CEO
Tory Johnson as she shares informative and inspiring advice. Coffee will be
served and priority admittance into the expo will be given. RSVP.
Back to Index

4. Busy now? Career Launch is May 20th

Want to attend some workshops but got a lot going on right now? Don't fret,
we've got more! Look for info on Career Launch, a day of workshops after
graduation. See our calendar for more info.
Back to Index

5. Three Tips for Following Up after an Interview

by Gina Chung on GottaMentor.com

Regardless of how the interview went, or whether or not you are still
interested in the position, sending a thank you note is essential in following up
after an interview. The follow up is what often distinguishes one candidate
apart from the others. Here are three things you can do to set yourself apart:

1. Gather information during the interview
2. Write the thank you note
3. Communicate

Read on...
Back to Index

Career Services ... Connecting to Your Future
SUB I, Room 348 careers.gmu.edu 703-993-2370