Summer 2010 Honors in BIS applications due: May 7, 2010
The Honors in BIS program provides additional challenge to students who are
interested in conducting original research as part of their BIS 490
capstone project. To earn Honors in BIS, students need to meet certain GPA
requirements in their final BIS courses and maintain an overall GPA of
3.75. Applications are due the semester before students intend to enroll in
Eligible students must:
* Have an approved BIS Educational Contract with a Faculty Mentor.
* Have accumulated at least 90 credit hours upon entering the honors
* Have a cumulative GPA at Mason of at least 3.75.
* Have completed ENGL 302 with a grade of B+ or higher.
* Have no honors violations on their academic record
* Have completed (or will be taking) a research methods course relevant to
their BIS concentration.
* Have six or fewer credits remaining in their BIS concentration, not
counting BIS core courses.
* Be willing to commit to two consecutive semesters of coursework: BIS 391
(The Research Process for Honors) and BIS 490 (Senior Capstone – as an
individualized section) and the corequisite, BIS 491 (Capstone
To be considered for Honors for Summer 2010, students must submit an Honors
Program Application Form and an Honors Faculty Mentor Recommendation Form
by May 7, 2010. For more information and copies of the intent and faculty
recommendation forms, please visit the forms and information page on our