ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

January 2010

From:
Jake Pacheco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:13:36 -0500
Hello,

I am new to ECJ, and I was wondering about the persistence of the contents
of a node between evaluations and generations.

Specifically, I have a node that is meant to calculate the zero lag
exponential moving average of its child's value. This requires the node
having access to its own value on the previous evaluation, as well as the
child's value for several evaluations back. The way I implemented this, the
node stores its value in a variable after calculation, and adds the child's
value to an ArrayList. However, I am not sure if these are preserved through
to the next evaluation, or, if they are preserved through evaluations,
whether they will be empty once the next generation starts.

As I said, I'm just getting started, so any help whatsoever would be much
appreciated.

Thank you,

Jake