]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BIS-L Home

BIS-L  January 2010

BIS-L January 2010

This Week in Career Services, January 25th

"Stephanie A. Barnett" <[log in to unmask]>

Stephanie A. Barnett

Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:30:06 -0500

text/plain

This Week in Career Services, January 25th

1. Upcoming Workshops & Events
2. Interview Practice Days with Employers
3. Federal Government Job & Internship Student Panel
4. Hot Jobs!
5. Job Fair volunteers needed
6. Still adjusting your schedule? Check out these classes...

1. Upcoming Workshops & Events
Orientation to On-Campus Interviewing
Tuesday, January 26 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. SUB I, Room 348

Resume & Cover Letter Writing
Wednesday, January 27 12:15 - 1:45 p.m. SUB I, Rooms A & B

Security Clearances
Thursday, January 28 7 - 8 p.m. SUB I, Rooms A & B

Federal Government Job & Internship Student Panel
Thursday, January 28 5:30 - 7 p.m. SUB I, Rooms A & B
Back to Index

2. Interview Practice Days with Employers

Improve your interviewing skills by practicing with local employers
visiting campus. Only 45 spots are available per day.

February 3, Wednesday
February 11, Thursday
SUB I, Room 348
9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

To set up one of these 30-minute practice interviews, log on to
PatriotJobWeb, click on "Campus Interviews I Qualify For" and search for
Interview Practice Day.
Back to Index

3. Federal Government Job & Internship Student Panel

Thursday, January 28
5:30 - 7 p.m.
SUB I, Rooms A & B

Find out the variety of ways to be involved in federal student positions.
Our panelists are all students ready to share how they found their federal
position, their job responsibilities, advice they have for students
interested in public service and the kinds of skills agencies look for in
new hires.

The following government agencies will be represented:

Department of the Army
Federal Highway Administration
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
Defense Energy Support Center
Defense Threat Reduction Agency
Back to Index

4. Hot Jobs! Featured OCI positions
The resume submission deadline for these On-Campus Interview positions is
Wednesday, January 27.

DMG Securities
Position: Account Executive/Stockbroker

Cvent
Positions: Several associate, consultant and engineer positions

Educational Services, Inc. (EDSI)
Position: Job Developer

KPMG
Positions: IT Advisory Associate and an Audit Internship

Search for these and other positions on PatriotJobWeb. Learn more about on-
campus interviewing or attend Orientation to On-Campus Interviewing on
Tuesday, January 26 from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. in SUB I, Room 348.
Back to Index

5. Job Fair volunteers needed

Career Services is looking for volunteers for our Spring Internship & Job
Fair on Wednesday, February 24 and Thursday, February 25. The fair takes
place in Dewberry Hall from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., and we need volunteers for
the following positions each day:

8 - 9:30 a.m. 2 positions
9:30 - 11 a.m. 4 positions
2:30 - 4:30 p.m. 4 positions

Student Check-in & Exit
10:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. 5 positions
12:30 - 2 p.m. 5 positions
2 - 3 p.m. 4 positions
3 - 4 p.m. 4 positions

Employer Greeters
8 - 9:30 a.m. 2 positions
9:30 - 11 a.m. 2 positions
Back to Index

6. Still adjusting your schedule?
Check out these classes...

UNIV 200: Major/Career Decision Making
Identify or confirm a major and a career choice that is right for you.

UNIV 300: Confirming Majors/Careers: Pursuing Internships
This course is particularly appropriate, but not limited to, incoming
transfer students.

UNIV 400: College to Workplace
On average, 176 applicants are applying for each job. Enhance your
readiness to enter the workforce and be successful in today's job market by
developing job search strategies and a plan to achieve your career-related
goals.
Back to Index

Career Services ... Connecting to Your Future

SUB I, Room 348     careers.gmu.edu     703-993-2370