]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MS-CPE-L Home

MS-CPE-L  September 2009

MS-CPE-L September 2009

FWD: AppSecDC 2009 in Washington DC in November

"Jessica F. Skinner" <[log in to unmask]>

Jessica F. Skinner

Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:06:54 -0400

text/plain

FYI:  If you have any questions about this conference, please contact the representative listed at the bottom of the e-mail.  All the information that I have is currently in the e-mail and I will not respond to any inquiries. - Jess

Greetings,

I am writing to pass on information about AppSecDC 2009
(http://appsecdc.org), a conference on Web Application Security that is
taking place in Washington DC on November 10-13th at the DC Convention
Center.

This conference is the annual North American conference for the Open Web
Application Security Project, or OWASP, and we are fortunate enough to
have DC as the host city this year. OWASP is an open organization, and
all its events are open to members and non-members alike. The conference
consists of two days of training, and two days of talks from industry
leading experts on web application security. We have content appropriate
for everyone from developers to IT Management on a wide variety of topics.

OWASP is offering special opportunities to full time students who choose
to attend the conference. The already cheap price of attendance ($395 at
the door for two full days of talks) is reduced to $195 for students who
register for the conference and then show proof of full-time enrollment
when they pick up their badge. We also have a wide variety of volunteer
opportunities for people who are interested in helping make the
conference function, and possibly attending some of it for free when
they are not working.

Further information about the conference can be found by going to our
website at http://appsecdc.org, or contacting the organizers at

Thanks,

Doug Wilson

--