MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

September 2009

From:
Joerg Hoehne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 02:47:46 -0400
Hi,
can anybody confirm this weird behaviour shown in the attached files? I'm displaying a scene where
the spheres have an alpha value of .9f (almost opaque). With this alpha value the depth ordering is
not working as shown in the image sequence (all image file names below 10).
The same scene with an alpha of 1.0f does not show the behaviour, the depth ordering is fine (see
the attached image sequence, all image file names from 10 and above).

In the image sequence I'm moving the camera so the red sphere on the bottom should be displayed
above the purple sphere.

Currently I don't have any short code sequence for demonstration because I have first to extract it
from the project.

Regards,
Jörg