MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

September 2009

From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:46:39 +0200
You're running on a Mac, right?

In the past I've noticed depth ordering problems with the Mac version
of Java3D and alpha. But I thought Apple's since updated to sit
Java3D on top of JOGL like everyone else so it should have gone away.

Java3D has a bunch of built-in options for specifying the ordering of
transparent objects. But the defaults are almost 100% what you want.
So this has to be a bug.

So first test: Try this out on (1) Windows and (2) XWindows

Test #2: modify appearanceForColor (which is what I'm assuming you're
using) to use ALPHA_SCREEN_DOOR (or whatever it is called) instead of
BLENDED.

 From there it's time to start hunting down the Java3D forums. I
agree, this is ugly.

Sean