Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

BIS-L Home

BIS-L  September 2009

BIS-L September 2009

This Week in Career Services, September 14th

"Stephanie A. Barnett" <[log in to unmask]>

Stephanie A. Barnett

Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:50:16 -0400

text/plain

This Week in Career Services, September 14th

1. Upcoming workshops
2. Interview Practice with Employers
3. OCI: Featured Positions
4. NEW walk-in hours
5. Job Fair volunteers connect with employers
6. How would I score?
7. Info session rescheduled

1. Upcoming workshops and events
How to Research Employers
September 14, Monday 4:30-5:45pm JC, Room C

Resume & Cover Letter Writing
September 14, Monday 5:45-7:15pm JC, Room C

Mason Showcase of Graduate Programs
September 16, Wednesday 6-9pm JC, Dewberry Hall

Planning for Graduate School
September 16, Wednesday 6:15-7:15pm & 7:15-8:15pm JC, Room E

Orientation to On-Campus Interviewing (OCI)
September 17, Thursday 12:15-1:15pm SUB I, Room 348

For a complete list of workshops and events visit our calendar.
Back to Index

2. Interview Practice with Employers
To land a job you have to answer some tough questions. Improve your
interviewing skills by practicing with area employers visiting campus.

To set up an appointment, log in to PatriotJobWeb and click on "Campus
Interviews I Qualify For." Call 703-993-2370 for more info.

Upcoming interview dates:
Tuesday, September 15
Friday, September 25
9:30am - 3pm in SUB I, Room 348
Back to Index

3. On-campus Interviewing: Featured Positions
Employer: Beers and Cutler
Position: Staff Consultant

Employer: The Track Group
Position: Federal Sales Account Manager

Employer: New York Life
Position: Financial Services Professional

Learn more about on-campus interviewing by attending our Orientation to OCI
workshop on Thursday, September 17 from 12:15-1:15pm in SUB I, Room 348.
Back to Index

4. NEW walk-in hours

Stop by for a short visit with a career counselor. Walk-ins are done on a
first come, first served basis. Examples of walk-in topics:

Resume or cover letter critiques
Quick questions on job or internship searches, interviewing or networking
Using PatriotJobWeb, including questions on how to set up a search agent

Walk-in Schedule
Mondays 2 - 4 pm
Tuesdays 10 am - noon (and 4:30 - 6:30 pm when classes are in session)
Wednesdays 2 - 4 pm
Thursdays 2 - 4 pm
Fridays 10 am - noon
Back to Index

5. Job Fair volunteers connect with employers

Over 130 employers will be participating in this semester's Job &
Internship Fair. That's 130 different employers to connect with by
volunteering!

We're looking for students to greet employers, check-in students and work
the loading dock (which is reimbursed). Positions are available on October
7th and 8th in the morning and afternoon. Email or call Rebekah Truog at
703-993-2370 for more info.
Back to Index

6. How would I score?

Take a FREE GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, OAT, PCAT or DAT!

You are invited to Kaplan's FREE Practice Test at Mason on Sunday, October
25. This is a terrific opportunity to answer a critical question, "If I
took the exam today, how would I score?" Tests are administered under test-
like conditions, and you will receive a detailed score analysis of your
performance. Register online or by phone at 1-800-KAP-TEST.
Back to Index

7. Info session rescheduled

The Booz Allen Hamilton info session scheduled for September 15th has been
reschedule to October 15th. Please look in the Events section of
PatriotJobWeb for details.
Back to Index

Career Services ... Connecting to Your Future
SUB I, Room 348 careers.gmu.edu 703-993-2370