MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

July 2009

From:
Trent Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:28:02 -0400
I am using the MASON (and therefore JFreeChart) histogram capabilities to
chart some values on my own, completely removed from my agent simulation.
(The simulation writes data to a file, which I read at a later time).  I'm
doing it this way for various un-related reasons.  My problem is I want to
show one "bar" as 1, the other as 2, then 3, and so on, the height of the
bar represents the frequency which that number appears in my simulation.
But The chart that is produced from the HistogramGenerator spreads the bars
over a range, which is awkward to read.  Is there a way to make each "bar"
represent one number, or more so, is there a way to give the developer more
control over the domain scaling and how "wide" the bars are.

I hope I explained my problem clearly.  I'm an experienced developer, but
completely new to MASON and Multi-Agent simulation.

-T